Enjoying our “golden years” in the best environment with residents, staff, activities, and ambience. We are blessed!
- Canterbury Resident
Introducing Canterbury's Social Worker
Rosaly Palchevskaya is a social work graduate from the University of Calgary. She began her career in social work after her move to Canada from Russia in 2001. She is dedicated to providing compassionate care and supporting each resident to live life at the highest level of emotional and social wellness. Some of the services she provides include:
- Adjustment and coping with all transitions and lifestyle changes (pre-admission, admission and post-admission)
- Finding solutions to concerns (financial, emotional, grieving and loss, issues related to transitions from home to residential care, etc.)
- Accessing required resources and services
- Advocacy and inclusion in all decisions
- Family meditation and caregiver support
- Counselling: managing crisis, bereavement, caregiver burnout, discovering hope, strength, and healing
- Transitions through different levels of care; working with our healthcare team and the community to provide the best care with dignity
- Legal paperwork (Goals of Care, Power of Attorney, Personal Directive)
- Addressing financial concerns, such as consultations and referrals for subsidies, Special Needs Program, transportation, etc.)
As a registered social worker with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW), Rosaly also includes practicum students in providing services for the residents.
Above: Canterbury's Social Worker Rosaly Palchevskaya with residents Germaine Dancause and Ronald Holgate