Canterbury Manor means to me a safe, attractive place in which I can live during my declining years with a maximum amount of privacy yet use opportunities to socialize with a variety of pleasant other residents when I wish to do so.
- Canterbury Resident
MERRY MONDAY RECIPE: Scotch Short Bread
Nothing like the buttery goodness of a holiday shortbread.
Makes approximately 4 dozen
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 lb Cold Butter, Cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Knead dough until smooth, about 6-10 times.
- Pat dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Pierce with a fork.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares while warm. Cool on a wire rack.