Health and Wellness
Canterbury Manor means to me a safe, attractive place in which I can live during my declining years with a maximum amount of privacy yet use opportunities to socialize with a variety of pleasant other residents when I wish to do so.
- Canterbury Resident
Life Enrichment Services
The promotion of holistic care is at the core of our Life Enrichment program. As such, all of our programs and services are centered on the 7 dimension of wellness* - Social, Physical, Emotional, Intellectual, Occupational, and Spiritual and Environmental wellness. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable coordinators collaborate with residents to understand their needs, unique skills, and passions as part of the planning and implementation process for our programs.
Enhanced quality of life is experienced by residents through engagement in a wide variety of programs and activities.
Some of our program offerings include:
- Physical Exercise Programs and activities such as yoga, aerobics and strength training, bowling, walking groups and many more
- Intellectually stimulating discussion groups and games such as Trivia, Crosswords, Book clubs and inspirational literature
- Social Events with weekly entertainment and happy hour
- Resident led Music Programs, Community choirs
- Meditation and Relaxation
- Game nights, Movies and Documentary specials
- Intergenerational programing, arts and crafts
- Daily shuttle services to shopping centers, historic sites, city and country drives and other excursions
- Spiritual Care provided by local faith communities and our spiritual care chaplain
- Volunteer led gardening groups, knitting groups and resident councils
Click here to download this month's Activity Calendar for Canterbury Court.