This is an opportunity to become involved in so many things – special events, information sessions, mental & physical activities, entertainment, and socializing with new friends and this all gives us a sense of living in a wonderful way!
- Canterbury Resident
The Future of "The Promise of Home"
As a leading seniors residence and provider of seniors continuing care services and programs, Canterbury Foundation is strengthening its position to support an increasing seniors population and increased demand for quality seniors housing and services in Edmonton. We embrace this opportunity with the following strategic initiatives moving forward:
- Enhance accommodation to improve our current facilities and assess the increasing need for continuing care, including secure dementia care and hospice care, and our potential to expand.
- Increase investment and support by enhancing our presence and value with stakeholders, sponsors, donors and the public.
- Continuously improve quality of services from the services offered to residents and their families to improving efficiency and effectiveness in all our organizational practises.
- Strengthen partnerships to help us meet our goals and objectives in serving seniors.
- Expand community outreach and access to address the increasing needs of seniors in our community and other parts of Edmonton.
- Optimize people resources to enable them to fill their roles and carry out their work to the best of their abilities.
- Optimize board governance to strengthen and ensure continuity in its leadership, strategic and fiduciary responsibilities.
This strategic plan addresses the following key trends at the provincial, municipal and community levels:
- Growing, aging and diverse population
- Increasing health and other needs
- Increasing need for continuing care services
Canterbury Foundation is committed to staying on top of current and emerging trends that will have an impact on the communities and people it serves. Services and programs will respond to the desires and needs of Edmonton seniors who make Canterbury Foundation home and for those considering Canterbury Foundation as their future home.