I particularly appreciate: the wonderful homecare staff with their unfailing competencies and courtesy (I couldn’t manage without them); the opportunity weekly to attend chapel right here; the dining room services when I need them; and the good manners of the staff at all levels, which is unbelievably constant! Though, like any Manor resident I am always as independent as possible, it is good to know that should a health crisis occur, there is good, very competent experienced help to call on for immediate assistance.
- Canterbury Resident
A Year in Review: 2015
Canterbury Foundation has been the promise of home to seniors in west Edmonton since 1974. Our supportive living options continue to provide the best living experience possible for those who call Canterbury home. 2015 was a great year and we’re proud to report many successes:
- Successfully achieved the Accreditation Canada Primer Award in June 2015. We are now working towards Qmentum with the assessment slated for June 2017.
- Held our 1st Annual "Promise of Home" Fall Fundraising with great success in October 2015.
- Initiated the Community Outreach Program with the hiring of a geriatric Social Worker.
- Moved forward with plans to renovate Canterbury Court to provide a more modern facility and enhanced care for residents.
- Continued to provide a diverse program of recreational and social activities for residents.
- Many upgrades have been completed on our facilities which has enabled us to continue to improve our programs and services.
- The Human Resources team expanded to better meet the needs and strategic directions of Canterbury Foundation. This included hiring several new staff positions.